Qualification and Fees for the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
Real Estate Investment Fees
Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation Contribution Fees
St Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program is one of the most favored options for obtaining citizenship in the islands federation. The program is open to everybody and anybody who would like to invest in the country either by purchasing real estate or by contributing to the Sugar Industry Diversification Fund (SIDF). This is the longest standing program of its kind in the world and was established in 1984. It stands apart from many other similar programs by the rigidly enforced investment requirements and precise procedures that must be followed.Qualification Requirements:
- No criminal record
- Excellent Health
- High personal net worth
- Make an investment in government approved real estate development or make a monetary contribution to the SIDF.
An application will provide citizenship for one family (applicant, spouse and two unmarried dependent children), standard documents required to support the application are passports, birth and marriage certificates and police clearance.
Government fees for citizenship by investment:
Due diligence for Application:
- US$7,500 ? Due diligence for main applicant
- US$4,000 Due diligence for each dependent above 16 yrs
Investment options to Acquire Citizenship
Real Estate Investment - The property purchase must be a minimum of US$400,000 in government approved shares of real estate development and must be kept for a minimum of 5 years, investors may also be required to pay associated taxes and fees.Minimum Investment required is US $400,000.00
Cost on approval in principle of an application:
- US $50,000.00 for the main applicant
- US $25,000.00 for the spouse of main applicant
- US $25,000.00 for each child of the main applicant under 18 years
- US $50,000.00 for each qualified dependent of the main applicant over 18 years other than his spouse
Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation Contrubution - Individuals with high net worth may choose to make a contribution to the SIDF via one of the contribution levels below: Fees for the SIDF Investment option:
- US $250,000.00 for Single Applicant
- US $300,000.00 for Applicant with up to three dependents
- US $350,000.00 for Applicant with up to five dependents
- US $450,000.00 for Applicant with up to seven dependent
- US $50,000.00 for additional contribution for each dependent above seven dependents
The fee for each Certificate of Registration is US $47.00.
When choosing the investment into real estate options, families will find a good choice of luxury villas, houses and apartments on St Kitts or Nevis in several development projects which are approved by the government for the investment program.
All due diligence fees associated with your participation in the program are to be paid first, when the government has received the payment your application, the processing stage will begin. The initial funds for your investment will need to be transferred to a special escrow account and in the event that your application is rejected the monies will not be refunded. A background investigation will be conducted by an independent detective agency and can be a time consuming process. The time it takes to process the application can be anywhere between 6 weeks to 6 months.
Other Important Articles You Must Read:
- Understand the Overview of the Citizenship by Investment Program
- Learn All about St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
- Understand in detail what is the Economic Citizenship by Investment Program for St Kitts and Nevis?
- Procedural Steps you must know for Applying for St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment
- How US Citizens are Taking Advantage of Citizenship Program?
- Check Government Approved Real Estate for Citizenship by Investment Program
- View the Exclusive Kingfisher Club Properties for Sale!!
- Complete Overview of the SIDF
- Understanding the Objectives of the Sugar Diversification Foundation
Return to Main Citizenship Information Page
Disclaimer: All information contained within the Citizenship pages of Coldwell Banker St Kitts and Nevis Realty is for information purposes only and was correct at the time of publishing, May 30, 2013. Coldwell Banker St Kitts and Nevis Realty have an approved representative by the Citizenship-by-Investment Unit dealing with all applications.